In June 6, 1976 Garner Print Works initiated the forming of our firehouse after a large fire in Garnerville. Originally membership was limited to the employee's of Garner Print Works.
S.W. Johnson S.F.E. Co. No. 1 was named after Samuel W. Johnson, an employee of Garner Print Works. Samuel W. Johnson was also the brother-in-law of William T. Garner of Garner Print Works.
The 1869 American LaFrance Button Steam Fire Engine was a our first firefighting apparatus, which we still have on display today.
We are now a volunteer based organization dedicated to saving lives.
In Case Of An Emergency Dial 911